Friday, 23 November 2012

Christmas stuff. Getting baby to help.... he thinks its a game!

Today I had an idea that baby could help me sort the Christmas sweets. Each year I buy a couple of tins of sweets, and divide them into smaller bags. These bags then go into stockings, hampers and even given out to people who need a little more than a card such as playgroup teachers and friends.

Now BubbaQ doesn't know what sweets and chocolate are. I'm not a, complete meany, if someone is having cake, biscuits etc then he is allowed some, even if chocolate is in it, the point is I don't reward him or treat him with sweets or chocolate.

So he wasn't aware what he was sorting into bags. He actually really loved it, it kept his concentration for 14 bags, the 15th bag which was the last one he was more interested in bashing the empty tin because it made a lovely noise.

We both had fun and that's one more thing off my to do list. I don't think I'd get away with him helping with this one next year, he'll want to eat them, he's bound to find out, what they are soon!

Anyone else getting their toddlers to help???



1 comment:

  1. Parents should choose the right baby games wisely. What happens at infant-hood has implications on how the brain develops and establishes the infant's future personality and character. You may not realize it but the kind of games that your baby plays can have a big effect on his life in the future.

    ReplyDelete